Posted: September 12, 2018
U.S. Coast Guard sets port conditions for hurricanes, tropical storms
The evening of September 11, the U.S. Coast Guard announced port conditions for U.S. ports threatened by approaching and passing hurricanes and tropical storms.
The port conditions are:
- Condition Hurricane Season Preparedness (V): Seasonal readiness, 1 June - 30 November
- Condition Whiskey (IV): The ALERT condition for winds above 39 mph within 72 hours
- Condition X-Ray (III): The READINESS condition for winds above 39 mph within 48 hours.
- Condition Yankee (II): The WARNING condition for winds above 39 mph within 24 hours.
- Condition Zulu (I): The DANGER condition for winds above 39 mph within 12 hours and until the storm has passed and is no longer a threat.